Seminar: The Next Frontier in Workplace Harassment Prevention: #MeToo and Beyond
Although incidents of sexual and other types of unlawful harassment have been occurring for decades in workplaces across the country, the recent highly public outing of prominent figures has brought the issue to the forefront of the minds of every employer in America. While most of the publicized cases have involved celebrities, politicians, and members of the media, developments from the #MeToo movement are only beginning to have an impact on corporate employers’ risk prevention strategies.
Join Kistler Tiffany Benefits and Jason E. Reisman, Labor & Employment Partner with Blank Rome, on November 14, 2018, for an insightful conversation about the impact and fallout from the #MeToo movement in the workplace as well as the importance of anti-harassment training for employees, management, and leadership.
This presentation has been approved for 1.5 HRCI and SHRM credits.
Past Webinars, Seminars & Events
Expand the sections below to see examples of past programming for Kistler Tiffany Benefits’ clients. For more information, or to access a recording of one of our webinars, please contact your Employee Benefits Consultant.
Client Reporting Workshops
This workshop is designed to review the process of completing ACA reporting requirements for 2018 (specifically, IRS Forms 1094-C and 1095-C in accordance to IRS Code Sections 6055 and 6056).
The session will be an open-forum setting, so it will be a great opportunity for in-depth discussions regarding:
- Filing deadlines
- An overview of the proper method for completing forms 1094-C/1095-C (including an overview of commonly encountered scenarios)
- Solutions available in the marketplace for clients who are not interested in completing the reporting internally
- Changes to 2018 reporting requirements
Monday, October 22, 2018, 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM, Kistler Tiffany Benefits’ Berwyn Office
Monday, October 22, 2018, 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM, Kistler Tiffany Benefits’ Berwyn Office
Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 9 AM – 11 AM, Kistler Tiffany Benefits’ Allentown Office
Thursday, October 25, 2018, 9 AM – 11 AM, Hilton Scranton
Webinar: NJ Paid Sick Leave – What You Need to Know
Wednesday, August 15, 2018
Join Kistler Tiffany Benefits’ Maria Peterson, HR Manager, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, for a webinar regarding the New Jersey Earned Sick and Safe Days Act, which requires all New Jersey employers to provide earned sick leave to its employees working in New Jersey. The law becomes effective October 29, 2018.
During the webinar, Maria will discuss:
- What employers are covered by this law?
- Which employees are eligible for paid sick leave?
- How much paid sick leave is required?
- What are the qualifying reasons to use sick leave?
- How to handle if your company has a PTO policy rather than vacation and sick leave
To read more about the law, click here.
Client Seminar: Employment Regulation in a New Political Era – Will the Trump Administration Make Its Mark
Thursday, June 7, 2018
Join Kistler Tiffany Benefits and Jason E. Reisman, Labor & Employment Partner with Blank Rome, for an insightful conversation about what the future holds under the Trump Administration.
This presentation has been approved for 1.5 HRCI and SHRM credits.
Compliance Webinar: 2017 in Review
Thursday, December 14, 2017, 9:30 AM
- A review of congressional attempts to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act
The current state of health care reform (including an analysis of the Trump Administration’s executive actions)
- The future of health care reform
SEMINAR: ACA Reporting Refresher
Thursday, November 9, 9:30 AM – KTB Berwyn Office
Tuesday, November 14, 11:30 AM – Lehigh Country Club
Wednesday, November 15, 8:30 AM – Hilton Scranton
This workshop, hosted by Kistler Tiffany Benefits’ Director of Compliance Services Scott Wham, J.D., is designed to review the process of completing ACA reporting requirements for 2016 (specifically, IRS Forms 1094-C and 1095-C in accordance to IRS Code Sections 6055 and 6056).
WEBINAR: The Performance Process and Giving Constructive Feedback
Wednesday, November 15, 2017, 2 PM
Hosted by Kistler Tiffany Benefits’ HR Manager, Maria Peterson, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, this webinar will review:
- Benefits of an Effective Performance Process
- Goal Setting the SMART way
- Providing Constructive Feedback
- Preparing for Performance Feedback Meetings
- Conducting Feedback Meetings Successfully
- Avoiding Legal Pitfalls and Rater Bias
SEMINAR: Big Data Can Help You Win the War for Talent
Co-presentation with ADP
Monday, October 23, 2017
A growing economy, millennial job hoppers and accelerating technological innovation have shifted the balance of power from employers to employees. So how do you get ahead in this evolving landscape? Recent innovations in “people data science” allow organizations to uncover hidden patterns in data that can make you reconsider how you pay, retain and engage your employees.
Keynote Speaker: Alex Outwater, Senior Director of Product Marketing, ADP DataCloud
SEMINAR: YOUR AGING WORKFORCE: Helping Your Company Succeed Beyond Mere HR-Compliance
Co-presentation with Dilworth Paxson, LLP
Tuesday, September 19, 2017 and Wednesday, September 27, 2017
As we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Age Discrimination Employment Act (ADEA), the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission is determined to make the ADEA “more relevant than ever.” And if the EEOC is talking about a particular compliance area, employers should be listening. Joined by a member of the EEOC, management-side employment lawyer Eric Meyer will address the state of the law so that attendees will better understand the EEOC’s enforcement priorities on age-related matters. Additionally in this session, you will:
- Obtain best practices for limiting liability at work;
- Learn how to incorporate age into an employer’s diversity and inclusion strategies; and
- Improve recruitment, training, and retention efforts focused on older workers.
This seminar has been submitted for 1.5 HRCI and SHRM credits.
SEMINAR: Employee Benefits Group Captive
With the healthcare system constantly experiencing changes, it creates uncertainties for business regarding insurance costs and premiums. One of the primary concerns for employers is finding a way to stabilize finances and insurance options for employees. Advances in alternative risk strategies can provide a solution. Learn more about about how you assume more control over the cost of your employee benefits.
SEMINAR: The Future of Health Insurance – How will it Impact Your Business?
Special Town Hall event, hosted by Kistler Tiffany Benefits’ Director of Compliance Services, Scott Wham, J.D.
An Affordable Care Act Replacement bill has just cleared its first hurdle by narrowly passing through the House of Representatives. So, what’s next?
Our expert Scott Wham will debate the merits of the American Health Care Act (AHCA) as well as offer some thought-provoking commentary on how employers can take control of their claims once and for all—without worrying about Washington politics.
This event is designed to be interactive – please come prepared with your questions!
SEMINAR: My Employees Can Miss How Much Work? Managing the Challenges of Leave Under the ADA and FMLA
Kistler Tiffany Benefits and Eric Meyer of Dilworth Paxson LLP present an insightful seminar that will increase your understanding of accommodation issues under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
WEBINAR: 2016 Year-In-Review with Scott Wham, Esq.
Thursday, December 8, 2016
Topics covered during the webinar include:
- Review of Year-End Deadlines
- ACA Reporting
- Overview of New Alternative Funding Strategies
- The Future of Health Care Reform under the New Administration
WEBINAR: Workplace Violence – Do You Have a Plan?
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
This webinar will address the importance of having a plan in place to address workplace violence before it happens. During the one hour presentation, Kistler Tiffany Benefits’ HR Manager Maria Peterson will cover preventative measures including risk assessment and training and education for supervisors and employees.
SEMINAR: ACA Reporting Refresher
This workshop is designed to review the process of completing ACA reporting requirements for 2016 (specifically, IRS Forms 1094-C and 1095-C in accordance to IRS Code Sections 6055 and 6056).
WEBINAR: Keeping Your Wellness Program Healthy
Wednesday, October 5, 2016
Join Abigail Nadler, Health Promotion Advisor with KTB’s C2 partner M3 Insurance, for an informative session that focuses on the current rules and regulations and walks you through how to keep your wellness program compliant.
· Understanding relevant laws as it relates to the EEOC final rules
· Maximum allowable incentives
· Notice requirements
WEBINAR: EEO: What Employers Need to Know
Wednesday, June 15, 2016
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- EEO and Anti-Discrimination Laws – recent legal changes or changes in interpretation of law
- Employer Responsibilities/Protections
- Affirmative Action Employer Responsibilities
WEBINAR: Basics of Good Nutrition: Healthful Choices
Wednesday, May 4, 2016
This 60-minute webinar is designed as an overview on the basics of good nutrition and making healthy choices. The webinar will be facilitated by Garren Brannon, a registered dietitian who works closely with Kistler Tiffany Benefits’ C2 partner insurance firm, Scott Insurance, to inspire companies to encourage their employees and families to live healthier lifestyles.
WEBINAR: FLSA: Exempt vs. Non-Exempt
Wednesday, March 16, 2016
The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) was passed in 1938. It set standards for child labor, minimum wage and overtime pay (including permissible exemptions). Since the passage of the Equal Pay Act in 1963 as part of the FLSA, the Act also prohibits gender- based wage discrimination. It is essential for all supervisors, in addition to the Human Resources staff, to understand how to comply with FLSA and with state child labor and wage and hour laws.
This webinar, co-presented with our partners at HR Workplace Services, will focus on the non-exempt v. exempt relationships and how to make proper analysis and correct application of the available exemptions. The presenters will also discuss recent proposed regulations and their potential impact.
WEBINAR: The Essentials of a Successful and Meaningful Health Management Plan
Wednesday, February 3, 2016
A workplace wellness program has many benefits for both employers and employees, including increased performance and productivity and reduced health care and insurance costs. Tiffany Reid, Health Management and Engagement Specialist with C2 partner firm, McGohan Brabender, joins Kistler Tiffany Benefits’ Wellness Coordinator Sue Bennett to discuss the simple steps needed to implement a successful and meaningful health management plan for your business. This webinar is ideal for those who are considering introducing a wellness program in 2016 or simply want to learn more about how an employee wellness program can positively impact a business’ bottom line.
WEBINAR: New Year, New Regulatory Guidance
Wednesday, January 20, 2016
The tail end of 2015 was subject to a flurry of federal legislative and regulatory activity that impacted employer-sponsored health plans. In order to keep our clients informed regarding the significance of the recent federal updates, Kistler Tiffany Benefits Director of Compliance Services Scott Wham Esq. will host a webinar addressing the major legislative/regulatory changes that occurred during the fourth quarter of 2015. The webinar will include overviews of the following issues:
- The change in reporting deadlines under IRS Code Section 6055 and 6056;
- The delay of the Cadillac Tax; and
- IRS Notice 2015-87 and the impact of employer-sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs), flex credits, opt-out payments, and/or fringe benefit payments on Pay-or-Play’s affordability calculations
- Updated affordability standards under Pay-or-Play
WEBINAR: Year-End Review
Wednesday, December 9, 2015
- The current state of the Cadillac Tax, including a review of the proposed federal regulations effective for renewals in 2018 addressing the exercise tax placed on high-dollar health plans.
- A review of the reporting deadlines for the IRS Code 6055 & 6056 requirements (Affordable Care Act)
- Transitional Reinsurance Fee dollar amounts for 2016.
- The PACE Act as it applies to groups in the 50-99 market (e.g. deferring to the states the decision to expand the small group market from 50-99).
WEBINAR: ACA Reporting: Hot Topics for Reporting Solution Implementation
Wednesday, November 30, 2015
- Full-time equivalent calculations
- The establishment of Measurement Periods for Ongoing Employees and New Hires
- Evaluating Affordability Safe Harbors
- 1094-C Line 22 Certifications of Eligibility
- The order of operations for coding on IRS Form 1095-C, Lines 14, 15, and 16
- Non-calendar year Transition Relief (Code 2I, Line 16)
- Coding for Multiemployer Health Plans (Union Plans)
- Coding for COBRA
WEBINAR: Federal vs. New Jersey Family Medical Leave Laws
Wednesday, October 8, 2015
Understanding and administering the federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the New Jersey Family Leave Act (NJFLA), New Jersey Family Leave Insurance (NJ FLI) and New Jersey Temporary Disability Insurance (NJ TDI).
WEBINAR: The “B” Forms: Who Needs to File?
Wednesday, September 16, 2015
Small employers (employers that have fewer than 50 full-time employees including full-time equivalents) that sponsor self-insured health plans are required to report to the IRS certain information about the self-insured coverage offered to employees in 2015. Small employers sponsoring self-insured health plans will report this information using IRS Forms 1094-B and 1095-B.
SEMINAR: ACA Reporting Requirements Workshop
August 17, 19, and 20, 2015 at the KTB Berywn Office
A step-by-step tutorial through the process of completing the Affordable Care Act’s new reporting requirements (specifically, IRS Forms 1094-C and 1095-C in accordance to IRS Code Sections 6055 and 6056). The workshop will review appropriate filing deadlines, distribution methods, and data collection points that are necessary for complying with the reporting requirements. It will also review third-party solutions available to employers who are not interested in completing the reporting requirements internally.
WEBINAR: Understanding 6055 & 6056 Employer Reporting Requirements
Wednesday, June 3, 2015
- Background on 6055 & 6056
- Objectives of 6055 & 6056
- Who must report
- What is reported
- When is reporting required
- Who receives the reports
- Who gets relief
WEBINAR: What Every Employer Must Know about Recent NLRB Changes
Wednesday, May 13, 2015
- Tactics and steps union organizers use
- Reasons employees consider unionizing
- Signs of union organizing
- Steps management uses to combat the union effort
- Do’s and don’ts for management involved in union campaigns
WEBINAR: DOL Audit Preparedness
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
- What is the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)?
- What employers are subject to ERISA?
- DOL ERISA enforcement process
- What is the likelihood of a DOL Audit?
- DOL audit letter review
- How to get through an audit smoothly
- What to do if a violation is found?
- Civil and criminal investigations
- Voluntary fiduciary correction
WEBINAR: Compliant Health Insurance Contribution Strategies
Wednesday, March 18, 2015
- An overview of the ADEA and its impact on age-banded premiums
- An overview of defined contribution strategies comparing small employers to large employers
- Compliant small employer contribution strategies
- Summary of the Pay-or-Play penalties and the necessary steps for avoiding them
- A comparison Minimum Essential Coverage Plans (Skinny Plans) to Minimum Value Plans (Bronze)
- Strategies for minimizing exposure to Pay-or-Play penalties utilizing Minimum Essential Coverage and Minimum Value Plans