SEMINAR: My Employees Can Miss How Much Work? Managing the Challenges of Leave Under the ADA and FMLA
Join Kistler Tiffany Benefits and Eric Meyer of Dilworth Paxson LLP for an insightful seminar that will increase your understanding of accommodation issues under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). HRCI and SHRM credit will be offered.
To register, click on a date/location below.
SEMINAR: Employee Benefits Group Captive
With the healthcare system constantly experiencing changes, it creates uncertainties for business regarding insurance costs and premiums. One of the primary concerns for employers is finding a way to stabilize finances and insurance options for employees. Advances in alternative risk strategies can provide a solution.
As a business owner, are you:
- Fully-Insured Employer with 50-500 Enrolled Employees
- Interested in a Long-Term Risk Management and Cost Containment Strategy
- Seeking Financial Security and Transparency
Learn more about about how you assume more control over the cost of your employee benefits.
To register, click on the date and time below.
Past Webinars, Seminars & Events
Expand the sections below to see examples of past programming for Kistler Tiffany Benefits’ clients. For more information, or to access a recording of one of our webinars, please contact your Employee Benefits Consultant.
WEBINAR: 2016 Year-In-Review with Scott Wham, Esq.
Thursday, December 8, 2016
Topics covered during the webinar include:
- Review of Year-End Deadlines
- ACA Reporting
- Overview of New Alternative Funding Strategies
- The Future of Health Care Reform under the New Administration
WEBINAR: Workplace Violence – Do You Have a Plan?
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
This webinar will address the importance of having a plan in place to address workplace violence before it happens. During the one hour presentation, Kistler Tiffany Benefits’ HR Manager Maria Peterson will cover preventative measures including risk assessment and training and education for supervisors and employees.
SEMINAR: ACA Reporting Refresher
This workshop is designed to review the process of completing ACA reporting requirements for 2016 (specifically, IRS Forms 1094-C and 1095-C in accordance to IRS Code Sections 6055 and 6056).
WEBINAR: Keeping Your Wellness Program Healthy
Wednesday, October 5, 2016
Join Abigail Nadler, Health Promotion Advisor with KTB’s C2 partner M3 Insurance, for an informative session that focuses on the current rules and regulations and walks you through how to keep your wellness program compliant.
· Understanding relevant laws as it relates to the EEOC final rules
· Maximum allowable incentives
· Notice requirements
WEBINAR: EEO: What Employers Need to Know
Wednesday, June 15, 2016
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- EEO and Anti-Discrimination Laws – recent legal changes or changes in interpretation of law
- Employer Responsibilities/Protections
- Affirmative Action Employer Responsibilities
WEBINAR: Basics of Good Nutrition: Healthful Choices
Wednesday, May 4, 2016
This 60-minute webinar is designed as an overview on the basics of good nutrition and making healthy choices. The webinar will be facilitated by Garren Brannon, a registered dietitian who works closely with Kistler Tiffany Benefits’ C2 partner insurance firm, Scott Insurance, to inspire companies to encourage their employees and families to live healthier lifestyles.
WEBINAR: FLSA: Exempt vs. Non-Exempt
Wednesday, March 16, 2016
The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) was passed in 1938. It set standards for child labor, minimum wage and overtime pay (including permissible exemptions). Since the passage of the Equal Pay Act in 1963 as part of the FLSA, the Act also prohibits gender- based wage discrimination. It is essential for all supervisors, in addition to the Human Resources staff, to understand how to comply with FLSA and with state child labor and wage and hour laws.
This webinar, co-presented with our partners at HR Workplace Services, will focus on the non-exempt v. exempt relationships and how to make proper analysis and correct application of the available exemptions. The presenters will also discuss recent proposed regulations and their potential impact.
WEBINAR: The Essentials of a Successful and Meaningful Health Management Plan
Wednesday, February 3, 2016
A workplace wellness program has many benefits for both employers and employees, including increased performance and productivity and reduced health care and insurance costs. Tiffany Reid, Health Management and Engagement Specialist with C2 partner firm, McGohan Brabender, joins Kistler Tiffany Benefits’ Wellness Coordinator Sue Bennett to discuss the simple steps needed to implement a successful and meaningful health management plan for your business. This webinar is ideal for those who are considering introducing a wellness program in 2016 or simply want to learn more about how an employee wellness program can positively impact a business’ bottom line.
WEBINAR: New Year, New Regulatory Guidance
Wednesday, January 20, 2016
The tail end of 2015 was subject to a flurry of federal legislative and regulatory activity that impacted employer-sponsored health plans. In order to keep our clients informed regarding the significance of the recent federal updates, Kistler Tiffany Benefits Director of Compliance Services Scott Wham Esq. will host a webinar addressing the major legislative/regulatory changes that occurred during the fourth quarter of 2015. The webinar will include overviews of the following issues:
- The change in reporting deadlines under IRS Code Section 6055 and 6056;
- The delay of the Cadillac Tax; and
- IRS Notice 2015-87 and the impact of employer-sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs), flex credits, opt-out payments, and/or fringe benefit payments on Pay-or-Play’s affordability calculations
- Updated affordability standards under Pay-or-Play
WEBINAR: Year-End Review
Wednesday, December 9, 2015
- The current state of the Cadillac Tax, including a review of the proposed federal regulations effective for renewals in 2018 addressing the exercise tax placed on high-dollar health plans.
- A review of the reporting deadlines for the IRS Code 6055 & 6056 requirements (Affordable Care Act)
- Transitional Reinsurance Fee dollar amounts for 2016.
- The PACE Act as it applies to groups in the 50-99 market (e.g. deferring to the states the decision to expand the small group market from 50-99).
WEBINAR: ACA Reporting: Hot Topics for Reporting Solution Implementation
Wednesday, November 30, 2015
- Full-time equivalent calculations
- The establishment of Measurement Periods for Ongoing Employees and New Hires
- Evaluating Affordability Safe Harbors
- 1094-C Line 22 Certifications of Eligibility
- The order of operations for coding on IRS Form 1095-C, Lines 14, 15, and 16
- Non-calendar year Transition Relief (Code 2I, Line 16)
- Coding for Multiemployer Health Plans (Union Plans)
- Coding for COBRA
WEBINAR: Federal vs. New Jersey Family Medical Leave Laws
Wednesday, October 8, 2015
Understanding and administering the federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the New Jersey Family Leave Act (NJFLA), New Jersey Family Leave Insurance (NJ FLI) and New Jersey Temporary Disability Insurance (NJ TDI).
WEBINAR: The “B” Forms: Who Needs to File?
Wednesday, September 16, 2015
Small employers (employers that have fewer than 50 full-time employees including full-time equivalents) that sponsor self-insured health plans are required to report to the IRS certain information about the self-insured coverage offered to employees in 2015. Small employers sponsoring self-insured health plans will report this information using IRS Forms 1094-B and 1095-B.
SEMINAR: ACA Reporting Requirements Workshop
August 17, 19, and 20, 2015 at the KTB Berywn Office
A step-by-step tutorial through the process of completing the Affordable Care Act’s new reporting requirements (specifically, IRS Forms 1094-C and 1095-C in accordance to IRS Code Sections 6055 and 6056). The workshop will review appropriate filing deadlines, distribution methods, and data collection points that are necessary for complying with the reporting requirements. It will also review third-party solutions available to employers who are not interested in completing the reporting requirements internally.
WEBINAR: Understanding 6055 & 6056 Employer Reporting Requirements
Wednesday, June 3, 2015
- Background on 6055 & 6056
- Objectives of 6055 & 6056
- Who must report
- What is reported
- When is reporting required
- Who receives the reports
- Who gets relief
WEBINAR: What Every Employer Must Know about Recent NLRB Changes
Wednesday, May 13, 2015
- Tactics and steps union organizers use
- Reasons employees consider unionizing
- Signs of union organizing
- Steps management uses to combat the union effort
- Do’s and don’ts for management involved in union campaigns
WEBINAR: DOL Audit Preparedness
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
- What is the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)?
- What employers are subject to ERISA?
- DOL ERISA enforcement process
- What is the likelihood of a DOL Audit?
- DOL audit letter review
- How to get through an audit smoothly
- What to do if a violation is found?
- Civil and criminal investigations
- Voluntary fiduciary correction
WEBINAR: Compliant Health Insurance Contribution Strategies
Wednesday, March 18, 2015
- An overview of the ADEA and its impact on age-banded premiums
- An overview of defined contribution strategies comparing small employers to large employers
- Compliant small employer contribution strategies
- Summary of the Pay-or-Play penalties and the necessary steps for avoiding them
- A comparison Minimum Essential Coverage Plans (Skinny Plans) to Minimum Value Plans (Bronze)
- Strategies for minimizing exposure to Pay-or-Play penalties utilizing Minimum Essential Coverage and Minimum Value Plans